Intro

For 8 years I have been working on my weight problem. I have worked hard to lose a lot of weight only to gain it back, lose, gain, maintain, lose, gain it ALL back and now losing again. I am determined to finish what I have started, so please join me on my journey of self discovery and PLEASE feel free to jump in and join me!

Starting today - I am beginning my journey anew!

Starting today - I am not going to let the failures of the past haunt me anymore!

Starting today - I am going to make my well-being a PRIORITY in my life!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

P90X - Day 12
March 1, 2012

Workout:
     I got my lazy butt out of bed this morning and made it to my local gym for a raging session on my favorite elliptical machine. I set-up for a hill climb, turn on my heavy metal/ hard rock music and I kick it into high gear for 25-30 minutes. SWEAT pouring everywhere, heart pounding like crazy and I feel amazing when I am done! :-) I kinda chuckle at the other women there because it's like they are using the machines to take a Sunday stroll... what exactly is the point of going to the gym if your not going to sweat???
     Today had YOGA X on my schedule and if you recall I had a pretty traumatic Yoga session last time I did it, so today I waited until EVERYONE was in bed, popped in the video and just let myself be. I think once I am comfortable in my own body I could see how Yoga can be so soothing. The 1st half of the video is excruciating! All the poses are held for what seems like forever and your breathing heavy, sweating, tumbling, stumbling and falling. There is nothing peaceful about that! The second half of the video is balance poses and stretching and it is AMAZING! LOVE IT!

Diet:
     I did good today. Calorie count was great, but need to cut back some more on the processed stuff. Here's a glimpse of my diet.

1 c orange juice
4 c water
(early morning cardio session)
-----
1 scoop whey protein
1 serv. P90X Recovery Drink
1 scoop Alive multivitamin (super food) shake
1 c. spinach leaves
2 c water
-----
1 1/2 c. Louisiana Red Beans & Rice
2 c. water
-----
3/4 slice Costco supreme pizza
2 c light lemonade
-----
2 c buttered popcorn
1 oz. almonds
2 c water

No comments: