Intro

For 8 years I have been working on my weight problem. I have worked hard to lose a lot of weight only to gain it back, lose, gain, maintain, lose, gain it ALL back and now losing again. I am determined to finish what I have started, so please join me on my journey of self discovery and PLEASE feel free to jump in and join me!

Starting today - I am beginning my journey anew!

Starting today - I am not going to let the failures of the past haunt me anymore!

Starting today - I am going to make my well-being a PRIORITY in my life!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012


Avocado, Caper, and Pickled-Onion ToastYield Serves 2

Ingredients

• 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon capers, coarsely chopped
• 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
• kosher salt and ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest
• 1/2 avocado, pitted
• 2 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
• 1 ounce smoked trout or 1/2 soft-cooked egg, for topping (optional)

Directions

1. Combine the onion, lemon juice, capers, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a bowl. Let stand until the onions soften slightly, about 10 minutes.

2. In another bowl, mash the lemon zest and avocado with 1/8 teaspoon salt.

3. Spread half of the avocado mixture on one slice of toast and top with half the onions. If desired, add either the smoked trout or the soft-cooked egg. Repeat with remaining ingredients, and serve immediately.

http://www.wholeliving.com/130866/avocado-caper-and-pickled-onion-toast?czone=eat-well/healthy-snacks-cnt/at-home&center=136761&gallery=136389&slide=130867

No comments: