Intro

For 8 years I have been working on my weight problem. I have worked hard to lose a lot of weight only to gain it back, lose, gain, maintain, lose, gain it ALL back and now losing again. I am determined to finish what I have started, so please join me on my journey of self discovery and PLEASE feel free to jump in and join me!

Starting today - I am beginning my journey anew!

Starting today - I am not going to let the failures of the past haunt me anymore!

Starting today - I am going to make my well-being a PRIORITY in my life!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012


Baked Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal


Makes 1 serving • Ready in 35 minutes

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup water
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp nonfat cottage cheese
1/4 tsp baking powder
Dash sea salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp allspice
1 piece crystallized ginger, crushed (optional; available in the spice section at supermarkets)


1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Combine all ingredients in an oven-proof bowl. Stir to mix thoroughly.

3. Place in oven and let bake for 30 minutes. Remove and serve.

Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 213, Total Fats: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 103 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 38 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 9 g Protein: 9 g, Iron: 2 mg

http://www.oxygenmag.com/Health/Articles/Baked-Pumpkin-Spice-Oatmeal.aspx

No comments: