Intro

For 8 years I have been working on my weight problem. I have worked hard to lose a lot of weight only to gain it back, lose, gain, maintain, lose, gain it ALL back and now losing again. I am determined to finish what I have started, so please join me on my journey of self discovery and PLEASE feel free to jump in and join me!

Starting today - I am beginning my journey anew!

Starting today - I am not going to let the failures of the past haunt me anymore!

Starting today - I am going to make my well-being a PRIORITY in my life!

Saturday, March 10, 2012


Cheese-Stuffed Chicken


Ready in 35 minutes • Makes 1 serving

Ingredients:

• Nonstick cooking spray
• 4 oz skinless chicken breast
• 1 light Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese wedge
• 1/4 cup low-fat, low-sodium cottage cheese
• 1/3 cup diced tomato
• 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
• 2 tbsp oat bran
• 1 cup chopped broccoli
• 1 cup chopped cauliflower
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic fresh, chopped
• 1 4-oz sweet potato

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Split chicken breast in half and set on baking dish.

3. In a small mixing bowl, mash together the cheese wedge with cottage cheese. Add tomatoes and rosemary. Mix well.

4. Stuff the cheese mixture into one side of the chicken and use the other half breast to top it. Dust the top with oat bran.

5. In another bowl, toss together broccoli and cauliflower with oil and garlic. Place on the baking dish beside chicken.

6. Bake chicken and vegetables for about 25 to 30 minutes.

7. Meanwhile, wash and poke a few holes in the potato with a fork. Microwave for about 8 minutes (turning after 4 minutes).

8. Plate the chicken breast, vegetables and sweet potatoes. Serve.

Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 530, Total Fats: 19 g, Saturated Fats: 4 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 80 mg, Sodium: 490 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 52 g, Dietary Fiber: 13 g, Sugars: 12 g, Protein: 45g, Iron: 4 mg

http://oxygenmag.com/Nutrition/Articles/Cheese-Stuffed-Chicken.aspx

No comments: