Intro

For 8 years I have been working on my weight problem. I have worked hard to lose a lot of weight only to gain it back, lose, gain, maintain, lose, gain it ALL back and now losing again. I am determined to finish what I have started, so please join me on my journey of self discovery and PLEASE feel free to jump in and join me!

Starting today - I am beginning my journey anew!

Starting today - I am not going to let the failures of the past haunt me anymore!

Starting today - I am going to make my well-being a PRIORITY in my life!

Monday, February 20, 2012

P90X - Day 9
February 20, 2012

     Today marks the beginning of week 2 of P90X. Back & Arms went much more smoothly today. I felt energetic and I focused a lot more on form vs. reps. The real kicker today was the Ab Ripper X though... I think I forgot to tell you about that? I am committed to doing the "doubles" workouts and that means more workouts! Everytime I have a weights day I also work my Abdominal muscles. Last week I was lucky to do 1/2 the moves and only 1/2 way. Today though I decided to just pause the DVD when needed, do the exersises more slowly, pace myself and do them ALL! I'm pretty certain to be sore tommorow, :-) But in a good way!

     My focus this week is on following the eating plan more closely. The Meal Plan consist of 3 different phases; Fat Shredder, Energy Booster and Endurance Maximizer. The changes in each plan is the variance of carbs vs. protein. All your food is to be as close to nature intended as possible, with only healthy fats for cooking (olive oil & avocados). Protein is your best friend in this eating plan, because you need it to build up the muscle in order to burn the fat off faster... think like "The Biggest Loser."

     Your caloric intake is based upon your weight and the added calories burned from working out. After calculations are done I was told I needed to each 3200 calories... um NOT! I would normally not argue with the program, (since apparently it's working for thousands of people) but I own a BodyBugg calorie burn monitor and I know that the estimates given for me are wrong, due to the fact that I sit around A LOT!

     My ACTUAL daily caloric burn is around 2000 calories without exercise (the book estimates 2600 for my basic before workouts!) and this is due to my sedentary lifestyle at present - just to explain, my son requires multiple g-tube feedings a day at a VERY slow rate and I usually hold him since he pukes less if I do. I can sit down up to 5-6 hours a day just feeding him!! Once I am up and about cleaning, cooking and moving regularly I will average about a 2800 calorie burn in 24 hours.  LONG STORY SHORT - I am aiming for between 2000-2200 cals. If I am feeling super tired or am not losing I will adjust accordingly.
* This is also what the program recommends doing.

I will be including lots of recipes and reviews from here on out, so enjoy!

~ Laura ~

No comments: