Intro

For 8 years I have been working on my weight problem. I have worked hard to lose a lot of weight only to gain it back, lose, gain, maintain, lose, gain it ALL back and now losing again. I am determined to finish what I have started, so please join me on my journey of self discovery and PLEASE feel free to jump in and join me!

Starting today - I am beginning my journey anew!

Starting today - I am not going to let the failures of the past haunt me anymore!

Starting today - I am going to make my well-being a PRIORITY in my life!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

P90X - Day 3
February 14, 2012

     Today's workout was Plyometrics, also known as "jump training". Lets just say that if seeing your own before pictures is not enough to convince you that your should lose weight, this workout will! Jumping jacks, squats, lunges, knee lifts...etc. Doing all these things while every muscle in your upper body is screaming at you is hard enough but while also carrying around an extra 100 lbs is NOT FUN!! 
     Before I'd even put the DVD in the player I was already hearing myself make excuses why I was going to need to "hold back" some of my effort, make short cuts and take extra breaks. As the video was loading it dawned on me that I had to decide RIGHT NOW that I was going to do every excersize to the best of my ability or I was just quitting before I'd even gotten started. Isn't that how I had gotten this fat to begin with???
   So Plyo is done and my butt, quads and calves hurt all over but I DID EVERY EXCERSIZE! It was ugly and slow but I did not quit!!

~ Laura ~



No comments: