Intro

For 8 years I have been working on my weight problem. I have worked hard to lose a lot of weight only to gain it back, lose, gain, maintain, lose, gain it ALL back and now losing again. I am determined to finish what I have started, so please join me on my journey of self discovery and PLEASE feel free to jump in and join me!

Starting today - I am beginning my journey anew!

Starting today - I am not going to let the failures of the past haunt me anymore!

Starting today - I am going to make my well-being a PRIORITY in my life!

Monday, February 20, 2012

P90X - Day 7
February 18, 2012

I am the meanest mother on the planet. I have two very tall lanky strong sons. The problem is they like to sit around A LOT! So today I gave them an ultimatum... Kenpo X with Mom or do the dishes. They both just looked at me.

My sons are 19 & almost 15. They are in this beautiful stage in life where God grants them a thin muscular physique that they really didn't earn. Once the hormones level out and the metabolism of an adult kick in they will have to actually do something in order to maintain this blessing. I have some real concerns for their future if the habits that I have allowed to become normal in my home, is what they continue futhur into their adulthood. These boys have got to learn what it takes to have a healthy body, and who better to show them than their Mom.

I must say I was surprised by the child who chose do the workout and the one who did the dishes. Both my kids are what I call innately lazy. If they can avoid it, ignore it or pawn the work onto someone else they will! I think my oldest might be growing up, or he just really HATES doing dishes!

Admittedly I wasn't looking forward to jumping around, kicking and punching next to my 6' 0" 145 lb bean pole of a son, but I think I surprised him at how much I was able to do and well! The workout was exhausting! My arms and legs were wobbly and tired for quite a while afterwords, but it felt good and you know your heart was pounding, cause the sweat was pouring out in buckets!

No comments: