Intro

For 8 years I have been working on my weight problem. I have worked hard to lose a lot of weight only to gain it back, lose, gain, maintain, lose, gain it ALL back and now losing again. I am determined to finish what I have started, so please join me on my journey of self discovery and PLEASE feel free to jump in and join me!

Starting today - I am beginning my journey anew!

Starting today - I am not going to let the failures of the past haunt me anymore!

Starting today - I am going to make my well-being a PRIORITY in my life!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baked Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Dipping Sauce


Ingredients

1 Tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
1/2 cup pineapple preserves
1 pound uncooked large shrimp peeled and deveined
2 egg whites
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups sweetened flaked coconut

Directions

1   Combine lime juice, jalapeno pepper, and pineapple preserves in a small bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

2   Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

3   In a small bowl beat egg whites with a hand mixer until frothy.

4   Place cornstarch and coconut on two separate plates. Hold shrimp by the tail and dip and coat the shrimp with cornstarch. Next, dip the shrimp in the egg whites and finally in the coconut coating well.

5   Place shrimp on the cookie sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until coconut is a golden brown. Make sure to turn it once halfway through (around 8 minutes into cooking time) to make sure both sides brown.

6   Serve with pineapple dipping sauce

* to make this a meal, serve 1/4th of the shrimp over a large salad.
* recipe from http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/01/baked-coconut-shrimp.html

1 comment:

Kami said...

Super Yummy!!!! We loved them, thanks for the recipe.