Intro

For 8 years I have been working on my weight problem. I have worked hard to lose a lot of weight only to gain it back, lose, gain, maintain, lose, gain it ALL back and now losing again. I am determined to finish what I have started, so please join me on my journey of self discovery and PLEASE feel free to jump in and join me!

Starting today - I am beginning my journey anew!

Starting today - I am not going to let the failures of the past haunt me anymore!

Starting today - I am going to make my well-being a PRIORITY in my life!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

P90X -Day 1 & 2
February 13, 2012

     As you may have seen in my previous post you will know that recently life has changed quite a bit for our family. What I have not yet mentioned is that our family life has changed in more ways than one. On June 1st, 2011... just 8 months ago we were blessed with a new little special needs baby. WAIT...before you have a pity party for me and my failure to reproduce properly, let me qualify this with the fact that we are foster/adopt parents and actually agreed to this new little bundle of challenges ;-) As crazy as raising ONE severly developmentally delayed and medically fragile child has been, we felt such a strong pull twords our little Aiden that we could not say no! Now life begins anew with struggling with the grief of losing our only daughter and dealing with Aidens physical / developmental / medical needs.

     I must say that after having your child pass away, you often find yourself in a state of reflecting. It's like new years resolutions on steriods! Often several times throughout my day I will begin to look at my life and start catagorizing. What things am I happy with, What things do I wish I had done different, What do I want to do with my life now, What would I like to change and HOW am I going to make that happen???? My health has become increasingly higher on the priority list and has risen to the top since Kya's passing and Aidens prognosis has worsened. It is time for me to take care of myself, so I can continue to care for my family and have the life that I will be happy with in the end...

     I purchased the P90X videos over 5 years ago and they have done nothing but collect dust. Originaly they were bought with my husband in mind, he had been resonably fit but was starting to develope a "Rootbeer Belly" and we thought that this would be perfect for him... NOT! From the very begining he complained that the videos were too long to fit into his busy schedule, the eating plan was too strict and my personal favorite was that he could never get that muscular because he is a natural bean pole :-) Five years later NOTHING has improved about our health as a matter of fact both of our waist sizes have continued to increase yearly. THIS HAS GOT TO CHANGE AND NOW!!!!

Measurements:

Weight:   236.0
Waist:     46.5
Hips:       49.0
Bust:       46.5
Ribs:       40
Upper Thigh:   29.5
Upper Bicep:   14.5

Before Photos:



     
     I have been on the weight loss roller coaster long enough that I know that this program will work if do what is required!  P90X only asks a few thing from you...
  • Eat a "Clean Diet" - full of lean meats, whole grains, fruits and veggies
  • Excersize 6 days a week - alternating muscle building with fat burning days.
  • "BRING IT" - put forth ALL of your effort during each days workout. Often Tony says "do your best and forget the rest"
So here is my heart on my sleeve, the begining of the new me. Please feel free to check-up on me and send me a message if you think I'm slacking! I could use all the help I can get :-)

~Laura~

P.S. Todays workout was chest & back... UHG pull-up/push-up crazyness. I modified everything, but did as many reps as I could throughout. Definatley gonna be sore tommorow!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

good luck girl!! :)

Loralee and the gang... said...

I know you can do it!