Intro

For 8 years I have been working on my weight problem. I have worked hard to lose a lot of weight only to gain it back, lose, gain, maintain, lose, gain it ALL back and now losing again. I am determined to finish what I have started, so please join me on my journey of self discovery and PLEASE feel free to jump in and join me!

Starting today - I am beginning my journey anew!

Starting today - I am not going to let the failures of the past haunt me anymore!

Starting today - I am going to make my well-being a PRIORITY in my life!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Curried Turkey Burger Sliders with Cucumber Yogurt

INGREDIENTS:


•1 egg white

•1/3 cup coarsely grated apple, left unpeeled

•1/4 cup minced or coarsely grated red onion

•3 tbsp ground flaxseed

•1 tbsp curry paste or powder

•2 tsp minced fresh ginger

•Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste

•2 tsp lemon juice, divided

•1 tsp ground coriander, divided

•1 lb lean ground turkey (or lean ground chicken)

•1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt

•1/2 cup peeled and grated cucumber, drained

•Olive oil cooking spray

•8 oz whole-wheat naan bread (about 2 or 3 pieces), cut into 24 2-inch squares

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.In a large bowl, combine egg white, apple, onion, flaxseed, curry, ginger, salt, pepper, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp coriander. Mix in turkey and shape into 12 1/2-inch-thick mini burger patties.

2.In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, salt, pepper and remaining 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp coriander. Set aside.

3.Heat a nonstick grill pan or large nonstick skillet on medium-high and mist with cooking spray. Cook patties, turning once, until meat is no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes. Top patties with cucumber yogurt, dividing evenly, and sandwich between 2 squares naan bread.

Nutrients per 3 sliders: Calories: 383, Total Fat: 9 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 38 g, Fiber: 8 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 39 g, Sodium: 455 mg, Cholesterol: 55 mg

Source:
http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Curried-Turkey-Burger-Sliders-with-Cucumber-Yogurt.aspx

No comments: