Intro

For 8 years I have been working on my weight problem. I have worked hard to lose a lot of weight only to gain it back, lose, gain, maintain, lose, gain it ALL back and now losing again. I am determined to finish what I have started, so please join me on my journey of self discovery and PLEASE feel free to jump in and join me!

Starting today - I am beginning my journey anew!

Starting today - I am not going to let the failures of the past haunt me anymore!

Starting today - I am going to make my well-being a PRIORITY in my life!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

P90X – Day 5
February 16, 2012

I think after today’s fiasco I deserve the biggest kudos for following through on my commitment to get thru all 90 days! I set out to do my workout at around 12:15. At 12:30 my son’s physical therapist shows up for his appointment (oops forgot!) I’m just getting warmed-up and my blood is pumping and I’m actually feeling energetic about today’s workout.

Hit the pause button…

- 1 hour of physical therapy

- Restart video and finish the warm-up again.

- Now my hubby comes in and he and his friend want a late lunch and apparently so do my teenagers  another hour goes by.

- Then its time to feed the poor starving little guy, who has a g-tube and major reflux so this takes another hour. (fortunately I can let lunch settle)

- Back to my video, do some warm-up stretches again and restart. The baby gets woken up about 30 minutes into it (timer reads 59 min left) and since he refluxes and aspirates I have to address him.

- As I’m fixing the baby my in-laws show up to visit, lucky for me they just want to play with the baby and do my dishes!!! 30 minutes later…

- Back to my video again… timer now reads 45 minutes left.

- Now it’s time to pick up our foster kiddo from the school bus.

Okay I had every excuse/hindrance to NOT workout. I caught myself mentally saying; that I would just skip the video and hit the treadmill “later” after things settled down, or go to the gym after the kids went to bed… These are legitimate alternatives except you don’t get to be my size by finishing what you start! For someone like me, later never comes! I PROMISED MYSELF I WILL FINISH THIS 90 DAY COMMITMENT.

SO…I invited the little kiddos to come YOGA X with me, this way they are occupied with laughing at me, the baby is being held by grandma and all individuals in the house above the age of 8 where on their own for the next 45 minutes!!!

Now to the real point of my post ;)


YOGA X….
Today I learned that there is probably nothing in this world that I would rather not do again than YOGA X! I hated it because it was HARD, time consuming and sweat was dripping from every pore. I had a difficult time emptying my mind (per the above reasons, lol) and I think this added to my dislike of the experience.
The video consist of:

20 minutes of warm-up stretches

30 minutes of the hardest downward / upward / plank / and warrior poses known to mankind

20 minutes of balance poses

20 minutes of the BEST stretching I’ve ever done.

I think that next week I will do this in the early AM when everyone is asleep, so I can just be in the moment without any demands on me. I’ll report back another review then!

~ Laura ~

P.S. I woke up SUPER sore today, but after finally completing the YOGA X I feel so much better! I can definitely see the benefit to all the stretching and pose holding.

No comments: